The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social, and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing, and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
The primary responsibility of the position is to provide technical support to all the products and services (Automated Teller Machine, Point of Sale, Data Card Embossing Machines, Online Banking, Mobile Applications, AfPay Debit Card, Credit, and Debit Master Card) as per the bank policy.
Under the supervision of the Alternative Delivery Channels Manager, the ADC Technical Office will be in coordination with the FMFB IT department, APS, CSC Bank, Automated Teller Machine, and Point of Sale and Data Card Embossing Machines vendors for installation, configuration, maintenance, remedy, troubleshooting, and improvement of the existing and new products and services which the bank will introduce from time to time.
|Title||ADC Technical Officer||# of Vacancies||1|
|Nationality||Afghan||Grade, Salary||As per the Bank salary scale|
|Type||Full-time||Closing date||June 05, 2023|
|Duration||Permanent||Location||Kabul, FMFB-A, Head Office|
|Vacancy No.||FMFB-HR-0055-2023||Gender||Male/ Female|
Duties and responsibilities:
- The main focus would be on Automated Teller Machines and Point of Sale terminals Installation, Configuration, Monitoring, and Maintenance in Kabul and the provinces.
- Develop and apply the new technical policies as per the bank’s new requirements.
- Develop a schedule for backup of all the important data of the Automated Teller Machine machines and Point of Sale terminals in Kabul and provinces.
- Perform regular hardware and software preventive maintenance on a periodic basis on Automated Teller Machine and Point of Sale terminals as per the Automated Teller Machine and Point of Sale Installation and Maintenance Policy.
- Contact Automated Teller Machine, Point of Sale, and Switch service providers for support in case of high-level issues.
- Ensure proper function of CE840 Data Card Embossing machines and their regular cleaning using special cleaning kits.
- Ensure normal operation of Online Banking and Mobile apps in iOS and Android platform and coordination with the IT Department and implementation vendor in case of any issue and its remedy.
- Coordination with the IT department and ensure all communicational and networking issues related to Automated Teller Machines, Point of Sale, Online Banking and all other services are up and running.
- Ensure all services are running and proper security is implemented.
- Proper reporting on monthly basis to Alternative Delivery Channels Manager.
- Process all billings and invoices of APS and CSC on monthly basis.
- Commence training session in periodic basis for junior staff in the unit.
- Improvement in the existing workflows and produces less time-consuming procedures for other sub sections in the unit (Card Printing, Reconciliation and Online Banking).
- Any other task assigning by the line manager.
Qualifications and requirements
Bachelor Degree preferably in Computer Science.
- At least 2 years’ experience in installation and maintenance of Automated Teller Machine, knowledge of Oracle Flexcube core banking system is a benefit.
- Having knowledge of Anti Money Laundering / Combating the Financing of Terrorism regulations and workflow management systems.
- With keen sense in information technology development and IT business.
- High level proficiency in spoken and written English, good command of the predominant local languages – Dari and Pashto.
- Good knowledge of process improvement methodology and business process management techniques.
- Sound knowledge of branch banking and back office operations.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email at (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.