The First MicroFinanceBank-Afghanistan
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
IT Service Management Officer leads by example to make sure all tickets and requests are resolved in accordance with IT policy and procedures. He/she is responsible to ensure that effective technical support, best troubleshooting, and solutions are provided to users.
|Title||IT Services Management Officers||# of vacancies||2|
|Nationality||Afghan||Grade, Salary||As Per Bank Salary Scale|
|Type||Full Time||Opening date||07-March-23|
|Vacancy Number||Vacancy Name||# of Vacancies||Location||Gender|
|FMFB-HR-0007-2023||IT Services Management Officer||2||IT Department||Male|
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing first level contact and convey IT solutions to the branches/ department’s inquiries and issues.
- Ensure provision of required resources for rollouts by assisting with the development of computer images and /or development of information systems hardware and Software as instructed.
- Ensure availability of IT equipment by troubleshooting and replacing failed components on IT equipment/s as required.
- Utilize excellent user service skills and exceed customer’s expectations.
- Properly escalate unresolved quires to the next level of IT support units and Update user’s data and produce activity reports.
- Track, rout and redirect problems to correct resources.
- Maintain records of any changes in the system and preparing Change Request Forms.
- Walk users through problem solving processes.
- Follow-up with users, provide feedback and see problems through a proper resolution.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closures of the reports are in place.
- Any other identical tasks assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
- A university degree in IT or Computer Sciences fields.
- Microsoft Certifications (MCSE).
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in IT trouble shooting or functional role.
- Ability to communicate, written and orally, in English and Dari/Pashto.
- Ability to manage IT related issues and giving the accurate solutions.
- Ability to have IT trouble shooting, computer and Servers configurations, and networking skills.
- Ability to travel in provinces where FMFB operates.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.