As a background, The First MicroFinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is affiliated with the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), comprising financial institutions in more than 15 developing countries. FMFB-A is one of the top microfinance service providers in Afghanistan. The primary objective of FMFB-A in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved.
Monitoring and supervision of the various units in Finance (budgeting, reporting and planning unit, accounting operations, and financial control units) to ensure overall operation in finance is coordinated and that work is carried out in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner at all times.
The overarching responsibility and dimension role of the financial controller is controlling & and maintaining the bank’s books of accounts, developing accounting & and finance procedures, ensuring integrity of ledgers, maintenance of company CoA, supervising finance staff & and activities, facilitating support to business segments, advisory to management in decision making and compliance to financial and regulatory norms and regulations.
|Title||Financial Controller||# of vacancies||1|
|Nationality||Afghan||Grade, Salary||As Per the Bank Salary Scale|
|Type||Full Time||Opening date||1-October-23|
|Vacancy Number||Vacancy Name||# of Vacancies||Location||Gender|
|FMFB-HR-0116-2023||Financial Controller||1||Finance Department||Male/ Female|
Duties and responsibilities:
- Direct supervision and administration of all finance section heads and staff.
- Developing/designing and overseeing the bank’s accounting and financial management systems including payroll accounting, and ensuring that necessary procedures and controls are developed and implemented.
- Control and process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Ensuring compliance to best practices in functions under supervision, specific compliance to taxation, central bank, legal, and statutory requirements including international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and CGAP standards.
- Assist in the process of annual budgeting and planning.
- Financial budgeting and planning for grants, and technical assistance projects.
- Planning for new products, and outlets as and when required.
- Contributing to developing necessary modifications to CMS and automation of reports to facilitate efficient financial reporting.
- Undertaking detailed periodic analysis of the financial state of the bank and reporting accordingly.
- Coordinate monthly ALCO meetings and act as secretary to the ALCO committee.
- Contributing towards monitoring and reporting key ratios/limits required by internal and external regulations.
- Playing a lead role in coordinating the work of external, internal, and central bank auditors, rating agencies, due diligence experts, and financial assessors.
- Ensuring appropriate and timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Conduct objective-oriented performance management of the departmental staff.
- Develop a second line by grooming staff that will be able to manage the department with proper succession planning.
- Ensure compliance with the existing policies and procedures of the department and develop policies and procedures in areas that are new or where the policies and procedures need to be improved.
- Any other assignments delegated by the line Manager.
- Minimum MBA (Finance / Banking / Accounting)
- Professional qualifications CA, ACCA is a plus
- at least 7 years of experience in finance or accounting with at least 3 years in a managerial role
- Afghanistan tax law and specific rulings, knowledge of the Ministry of Finance and Revenue Department ‘s procedures and offices, Afghanistan banking law, regulations, and circulars.
- Exceptional report writing, Good computing, analytical and time management, and team building skills.
- strong leadership, visionary, and foresight.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (email@example.com).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who meet the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.
About FMFB-A: As a background, The First MicroFinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is affiliated with the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), comprising fin…View more