Our Corporate Identity and Culture
Our corporate identity governs our purpose, how we work, and our aspirations. It reinforces our commitment to provide financial products and services for our national economy while remaining true to the Shari’ah principles upon which we continue to expand our financial products and services to every individual and business across Afghanistan.
To reduce poverty, diminish the vulnerability of poor populations and alleviate economic and social exclusion. It aims to help people become self-reliant and eventually gain the skills needed to graduate into the main stream financial markets. At the same time, the Bank has to remain financially sustainable.
To be recognized as the leading microfinance service provider in Afghanistan contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting at the micro and small businesses and households.
- We Are Innovative: We are forward-thinking and blazed a trail by embracing ideas that challenge conventional views and provide our people the chance to turn ideas into reality.
- We Are Client-Centric: At FMFB-A, the client comes first. We strive to exceed customer expectations and contribute to a better quality of life by understanding our clients and serving their needs in the best possible way.
- We Have a Social Mission: We believe that our responsibility extends beyond our core business, and we are committed to delivering Shari’ah-compliant financial solutions that enable positive social impact.
- We Always Do the ‘Right’ Thing: We are honest and accountable in everything we do, maintaining the highest possible ethical standards and fostering trust through transparency, open communication, and feedback.
- We Value Meritocracy: All aspects of the FMFB-A employment, including our decisions to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, are based on merit, competence and performance.
FMFB-A’s primary mandate is to support the financial inclusion of millions of under-privileged and financially excluded households, thereby enabling broader poverty reduction and impacting the social and economic well-being of the society in Afghanistan.
The Bank strives to secure the future of many clients through Shari’ah-compliant targeted financial and multi-sectoral products and services structured according to the evolving needs of the target market.