The First MicroFinanceBank - Afghanistan
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
The incumbent of this position is responsible to serve the customers over cash counters for receiving deposits, loan repayments, processing cheques, withdrawal of cash, reconciliations of cash, exchanging currency notes, organizing cash along with other cashiers/tellers for bundling and counting. The teller is also responsible for movement of cash from and to any other branch or Da Afghanistan Bank. The teller where branch has any ATM shall also be responsible to replenish Automated Teller Machines with cash under supervision of the Branch Manager. As the cashier is front line staff, the position requires professional appearance and a customer focused attitude, he/she should be efficient in work, helpful and accurate in cash checking and counting.
|Title||Teller||# of vacancies||2|
|Nationality||Afghan||Grade, Salary||As Per Bank Salary Scale|
|Type||Full Time||Opening date||16-March-23|
|Vacancy Number||Vacancy Name||# of Vacancies||Location||Gender|
|FMFB-HR-0013-2023||Teller||2||Takhar Branch||Male / Female|
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting customers with deposit including acceptance of loan repayment, withdrawal and foreign exchange transactions of different currencies.
- Reconcile cash, check currency notes and counting cash.
- Accept deposits for early closure of loans and inform supervisor after close.
- As custodian of petty cash, make sure payments are made as per finance policy and supporting documents are enclosed with all the cash payments.
- Review and check cash reports and making sure physical cash is always reconciled with system reports.
- Make sure that entries are posted correctly for cash movements as per Operation manual.
- Assisting other cashiers in packing cash for storing in safe.
- Report any fake currency note to Branch Manager immediately and ensure not to take such deposits.
- Report cash shortage and excess to Branch Manager/Head Teller where applicable.
- Replenishment of cash to ATMs where branch has Automated Teller Machine under supervision of Branch Manager.
- Follow all bank policies and security guidelines all time while dealing with cash.
- Make sure that cashier related stationery and office supplies like withdrawal forms, deposit slips/forms, queue management rolls, envelopes/plastic bag are sufficiently available in cash counters.
- Handling customer balance information and personal information confidential in responsible manner.
- Ensure that cashier counters are clean and work area is organized all time.
- Ensure that cash voucher filing is properly organized and arranged for any review.
- Report any money laundering and Terrorist Financing cases to Branch Manager.
- Ensure that cash is held within the limits and strong room access is as per approved policy and procedure. Any non-compliance should be reported to Branch Manager.
- Any other identical task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
- At least high school graduation, a bachelor’s degree in business administration is preferred.
- Three years’ work experience as cashier or similar field.
- Have good communication skill and presentation skill.
- Have computer office package skill, calculation skill and analysis skill.
- Good command of local languages and English
- Good computing and accounting skill.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.