The First MicroFinanceBank-Afghanistan
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
|Title||Collection Officer||# of vacancies||4|
|Nationality||Afghan||Grade, Salary||Commission pay base on Loan amount recovery|
|Type||Full Time||Opening date||11/March/2023|
|Vacancy Number||Vacancy Name||# of Vacancies||Location||Remarks|
|FMFB-HR-0008-2022||Collection Officer||3||Sari Pul Branch||Male|
|FMFB-HR-0009-2022||Collection Officer||1||Samangan Branch||Male|
Duties and responsibilities:
- Visit client, guarantor, their businesses and collateral along with branch manager/Deputy manager to ensure of their existence and the conditions.
- Find out the reason/s why the loan was not repaid on time and report it to the recovery unit.
- Visit client, guarantor and collateral owner for recovery process and agree with parties for
repayment of the loan as per the recovery guideline.
- Follow up with parties on agreed repayment through mobile call or personal visits.
- Follow up on NPL accounts to bring down the percentage of NPL by organizing personal / joint visits.
- for recovery of overdue amounts.
- Obtain approval for filing cases with the authorities from recovery unit on case to case basis, register the case and monitor its progress for recovery of overdue amount.
- Primary and Secondary school and High school graduate is preferred.
- Work experiences 0-2 years.
- Well articulate in the predominant local language of the area in which she/he works; good communication, negotiation and presentation skills; good understanding of business process; good understanding of the business-related laws / regulations of the government; good understanding of the business potential in the area in which s/he works; and good level of familiarity with the population of the area in which s/he works.
- Belief in, and commitment to establishing and maintaining good relation with the client; being tactful and courteous; social concern and sensitive to the culture / traditions of the area of his / her engagement; belief in, and in practice promoting professional confidentiality; enthusiasm in job, specifically in working in field with clients; being mature and self-disciplined.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line and the name of position with the branch name.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.